DIY: Pacifier Clip

DIY: Pacifier Clip 






So for the last 4 months I have been kicking myself for buying a pacifier clip for Jack. Especially after I got mine in the mail. It is made of approx. $1 worth of material, and I paid $8  for a really cute one. I felt taken and just a little envious of the company I bought from for being able to convince someone like me to hand them 800% profit on an item. Sigh....


So I decided to do something about it. I examined my pacifier clip I purchased and designed the following tutorial. 

1. Gather the following materials: 
Scissors
Sewing Machine
6in of 1/8in wide braided elastic
10-12 inches of ribbon ( I recommend 100% polyester)
1 Suspender clip (usually come in packages of 2, approx. $2 a package) 


2. On one end of your ribbon take one inch and pull toward the other end. In the loop you just made add your suspender clip. There should be a place to look fabric through on the clip. Pin through both sides of the material as close to the clip as you can. This will hold the clip in place and out of the way as you sew. If you fit the metal of the suspender clip when you sew you will break your needle, and that sucks...


3.  Next, pin the end of your loop to the other side your loop. This is simply to hold it in place as you sew. 


4. Now sew a square in the area you just defined with the pins. Yeah! That end is finished!

5. Now we are going to switch to the other end. Once again make a loop pulling back an inch of your ribbon. In the top of your loop you just made cut a very small slit. Do not make it too big or it will be easy for your little one to pull the elastic out. Now make a loop of your 6 inch elastic and inser both ends of the loop into the hole you just made. Now pin your end down as shown below.




6. Last step! So easy! Sew back and forth over the ends of the elastic using a zigzag stitch so it will forever stay in place. Now, sew a box in the remaining fabric. Cut any loose strings and you are finished! A lovely accessory for your child or a perfect baby shower gift.




This is featured on Today's Creative Blog Get Your Craft on Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Too darling Kelly! My grandbaby (Juliet) has this ribbon in a hairbow we made for her! If we have a little leftover, I'm making her one of these for when we're at Modern Woodmen--don't want to think about what's on those floors! Did you find your suspender clips at Hobby Lobby, Joanne or where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at Hobby Lobby. Very inexpensive and they work really well! Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canned Ham and Bean Soup

What to do with too many tomatoes