Raising Seedlings in the Cold


The name we chose for this site has a triple meaning. It represents our efforts to foster organic plants on the frozen tundra of northern Illinois, our minds, and our attempts to raise thoughtful and kind children. Both take a lot of effort, TLC, construction, and discipline, but we believe, as any parent, philosopher, and farmer, that in the end our efforts will be returned to us 10-100 fold.
Right now I (Kelly) am working on speech skills with TJ, and a couple of JCO classes to get an additional endorsement for my teacher certification. My goal for TJ is to add two new words to his vocabulary once a week. We keep trying. Reading, signing, and labeling give us the best results currently. Any suggestions? I may try a strategy like the one above for words he should know by the time he is two. (found it on pinterest, love that site!)

JCO is another story. I will keep you updated on my sociological and political musings as my Contemporary Social Problems and State and Local Government classes role along. Taking classes with people I would normally be teaching, is an adventure that makes me laugh at every turn.

Josh is building a green house to foster his love for growing good things to eat. He plans to add updates on his building plans and success as the year goes along.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canned Ham and Bean Soup

Thank You Sesame Street

Adventures of the Victorian age